01708 741075
Advertisement
  • Time 107.5 fm
  • 8 PM - 10 PM

ON AIR NOW

Evening Show

With Time 107.5

House fire in Barking “caused by extension lead”

London Fire Brigade were called to the incident at Keir Hardie Way (credit: London Fire Brigade)

A house fire in Barking is believed to have been caused by an extension lead.

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to the blaze, in Keir Hardie Way, at 10.13pm last night.

Crews from Barking and Ilford fire stations attended the scene.

The blaze was under control an hour later.

One man and a child left the building before fire crews arrived.

There were no reports of any injuries.

Half of the first floor and part of the roof of an end-of-terrace house was damaged by fire.

Fire investigators believe the blaze was accidental and involved an extension lead.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “It’s important to be mindful not to overload extension leads. Power-hungry appliances such as kettles, toasters, and microwaves shouldn’t be on the same extension.

“It’s also important to fully unwind drum extension leads. If you leave them coiled, they can overheat and cause a fire.”

For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FM

 

Tags: ,
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Dilse Radio 1035

Think from your Mind, Listen from your Heart

Lyca Radio 1458

Aapka Apna Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Athavan Radio

Athavan Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Lyca Desi News

Aapka Lyca Desi, 24 hour news channel

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2020. All rights reserved.