01708 741075
Advertisement
  • Time 107.5 fm
  • 10 AM - 2 PM

ON AIR NOW

Day Time Show

With Mark Dover

Man left homeless after fire damages flat in Brentwood

Firefighters gave a man oxygen therapy at the scene

A man has reportedly been left homeless after a kitchen fire damaged his flat in Brentwood. 

The building was already heavily smoke logged when firefighters arrived at the scene in Ongar Road at 7.15pm yesterday evening. 

They gave the man oxygen therapy and he also needed medical treatment for burns to his hands after he attempted to put out the fire with tea towels. 

The man had previously been alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm and it is believed the fire was started accidentally when cooking on the hob ignited. 

Crews battled the fire for around 45 minutes and managed to bring it under control by 8pm. 

“If there is a fire in your home, please do not try to tackle it yourself even if it is your first instinct,” said Watch Manager Mark Elsey, from Orsett Fire Station. 

“This fire quickly took hold and fires can quickly spread, that’s why it is so important to get out of the house, stay out and call us out.

“The man thought quickly to shut the kitchen door on his way out and this contained the fire to the kitchen.

“Incidents like this really highlight why it is so important to have working smoke alarms in your home.

“We recommend you have at least one working smoke alarm on every level of your home and that you test them regularly.”

For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FM

Tags: , ,
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Dilse Radio 1035

Think from your Mind, Listen from your Heart

Lyca Radio 1458

Aapka Apna Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Athavan Radio

Athavan Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Lyca Desi News

Aapka Lyca Desi, 24 hour news channel

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2021. All rights reserved.