01708 741075
Advertisement
  • Time 107.5 fm
  • 10 AM - 2 PM

ON AIR NOW

Day Time Show

With Mark Dover

Eleven people treated after high levels of carbon monoxide in Grays unit

Firefighters were called to an industrial unit in Grays yesterday

Eleven people have been treated after high levels of carbon monoxide were found in an industrial unit in Grays.

Essex Fire Brigade were called to Motherwell Way yesterday at around 4.30pm, after a number of people inside the unit became ill.

The building was immediately evacuated and fire crews from Brentwood, Basildon and Grays attended to the incident.

Firefighters used gas monitoring equipment which revealed there was severe levels of carbon monoxide in the air.

Incident Commander Russ Freeman said: “In total, eleven people have been treated after being overcome by carbon monoxide. Their condition is not being treated as life-changing or life-threatening.

“We’ve been searching the building to find out where the carbon monoxide is coming from, and so far have been unable to identify the cause.

“We’ll continue to search while we monitor the gas levels in the air, and thankfully we can already see levels are reducing.

“I’d like to reassure local residents that the carbon monoxide levels are contained to the building, and even when we ventilate the unit, there is no risk or safety concern to the wider area or public.”

For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FM

 

Tags:
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Dilse Radio 1035

Think from your Mind, Listen from your Heart

Lyca Radio 1458

Aapka Apna Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Athavan Radio

Athavan Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Lyca Desi News

Aapka Lyca Desi, 24 hour news channel

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2021. All rights reserved.