Three fire engines and 15 firefighters were called to Regarth Avenue this morning (Credit: Google)
Crews were called to a blaze at a ground floor flat in a converted semi-detached house in Regarth Avenue at around 8.45am today.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus led one man to safety. Paramedics treated him for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The fire was brought under control by around 9.45am. It is believed to have been started accidentally by someone who was cooking.
“Fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than any other room in the home,” said a spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade.
“Cooking should never be left unattended on the hob or grill – if you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the heat.”
The London Fire Brigade has also issued the following cooking safety tips:
For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FMTags: Romford, Havering, London Fire Brigade, Flat Fire
© TIME107.5fm 2015-2022. All rights reserved.