01708 741075
  • Time 107.5 fm
  • 2 PM - 4 PM



With Steve Allen

House fire in Romford caused by electrical fault in fridge

The house was alight yesterday morning (credit: LFB)

It’s been determined that a house fire in Romford was caused by ‘an electrical fault in the fridge.’

Around 35 firefighters tackled the blaze at the mid-terraced house in Sevenoaks Close yesterday (Thursday, 28 April) lunch time.

One man was able to leave the property before the Brigade arrived – no injuries were reported.

The Brigade were called just after 12pm with crews from Harold Hill, Dagenham, Romford and Leytonstone fire stations then sent to attend the scene.

Firefighters managed to get the blaze under control within the hour.

Half of the ground floor of a two-storey mid terraced house was damaged by the fire.

London Fire Brigade say the blaze is believed to have been accidental and caused by an electrical fault in the fridge.

A spokesperson for the Brigade said: “Firefighters recommend that you have a look at our online Home Fire Safety Checker to make sure there are no hidden hazards in your home.

“The online tool will ask you a series of questions that will help us work out the level of risk in your home, or the home of someone you care for. It only takes a few minutes to get tailored advice to keep yourself and loved ones safe from fire.”

For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FM

Tags: , , ,
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Gold 1035

Lyca Radio 1458

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2024. All rights reserved.