01708 741075
  • Time 107.5 fm
  • 6 AM - 10 AM



With Neil Andrews

Five men jailed for their part in fatal stabbing of man in Redbridge

Dwain Morrison was jailed for the murder of  death of Imran Isat (credit: Met Police)

Five men have been jailed for their part in the fatal stabbing of a man in Redbridge.

Dwain Morrison, 34, from Romford, was sentenced at the Old Bailey on Friday, 6 October to a minimum of 33 years imprisonment for the murder of Imran Isat.

The 30-year-old victim was killed on Saturday, 19 March last year during a violent robbery in his home in Springfield Drive.

The group broke through the front door of Isat’s house at around 1.15am, two then broke down the door of Mr Isat’s flatmate while the other three went upstairs to the living room. Mr Isat went to the living room door, after hearing noise, to try and keep the men out but he couldn’t close it.

One of the men, who was holding a large knife, managed to stab Mr Isat through the gap, forcing him backwards. The robbers forced their way in armed with knives and machetes shouting “where’s the stuff?” Mr Isat said something like “don’t hurt me – take what you want,” but one of the robbers stabbed him, while another struck one of his friends on the head with the flat blade of a knife.

One of the robbers then shouted “we’ve found it”, and “let’s go”; they then ran from the scene.

CCTV later recorded one of the robbers, Paul Higgins, leaving with a bag and a suitcase and then going back inside to get a second suitcase. Another perpetrator, Ronnie Haydon also left carrying a bag. None of the defendants ever told police what was in the bags and police were never able to uncover what they stole.

Despite the work of paramedics and police when they arrived, they were unable to save Mr Isat who was pronounced dead at the scene.A post-mortem examination later found that he had been stabbed five times and one of the wounds was fatal having gone into his chest and penetrated his heart.Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime (homicide) began a murder investigation and say it soon became apparent that the robbery had been planned.

CCTV and doorbell cameras showed some members of the gang arriving earlier and keeping the house under surveillance.

It is believed that the gang were after drugs, or money, or both, and they had armed themselves with knives and machetes in order to carry out the crime.

Members of the gang had arrived in two cars which were both later found to have been using false plates.

However, the gang were traced through extensive CCTV work and phone records that showed their movements.

The five men were all arrested on dates in July 2022 and all refused to answer police questions.

On Tuesday, 11 July, at the Old Bailey, Dwain Morrison, 34, from Romford was found guilty of murder.

He had pleaded guilty to robbery at an earlier hearing.

Four others; Salah’din Kerbouba, Ronnie Haydon, Paul Higgins and Dominic Diop were convicted of manslaughter.

Salah’din Kerbouba, 28, of Sandringham Gardens, in Barkingside was sentenced to minimum of 16 years imprisonment.

Ronnie Haydon, 32, of Grafton Crescent, from Camden was given a minimum of 16 years in jail.

Paul Higgins, 36, of Fanshawe Crescent, Hornchurch was sentenced to minimum of 16 years imprisonment.

Dominic Diop, 33, of Cranfield Park Avenue, Basildon was sentenced to minimum of 16 years in jail.

Detective Chief Inspector Joanna Yorke from the Met’s Specialist Crime, said: “This was a planned robbery by a gang who had pre-armed themselves with knives and machetes. Members of the gang were recorded scoping out the house prior to the assault and the cars they used were on false plates.

“The weapons they brought with them clearly show these men were ready to use violence, and murder was the result. This killing was pointless, it is probable that when the fatal stab wound was inflicted, Mr Isat was on the ground and not offering any resistance.

“It was a callous act of brutality that took his life. We may never know what the gang stole, but it was surely not worth killing a man while he was helpless on the ground.

“Despite their efforts to avoid detection, the extensive police inquiry was able to identify and arrest those responsible. These men were found guilty for their roles in the attack and will now spend years in prison having to face the consequences of their acts of violence.”

For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FM

Tags: , , , , ,
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Gold 1035

Lyca Radio 1458

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2024. All rights reserved.