01708 741075
Advertisement
  • Time 107.5 fm

ON AIR NOW

With

Dagenham man who went into burning flat for his phone taken to hospital

The London Fire Brigade believes the fire was started by a hairdryer (Credit: Google Maps)

A man has been taken to hospital after going back into a burning flat in Dagenham to get his phone. 

The occupant woke to a room full of smoke in Jade Close shortly before 11am yesterday morning. 

He initially managed to escape the building via a window but realised he had left his phone inside and went back for it. 

London Ambulance Service crews treated him for smoke inhalation at the scene before taking him to hospital. 

Around 15 firefighters and three fire engines managed to extinguish the blaze by 11.40am. 

They believe the fire was started accidentally by a hairdryer. 

“If there is ever a fire in your home you should get out immediately, stay out and call 999,” said a London Fire Brigade spokesperson. 

“It’s also worth remembering that hairdryers, hair tongs, and straighteners can get extremely hot, so it’s very important to remember to switch them off and leave them to cool on a heat proof surface.

“There were also no working smoke alarms in the property. Smoke alarms give the earliest possible warning to fire, providing time to escape. You should have smoke alarms in every room where a fire could start, plus a heat alarm in the kitchen.”

For more on this story, and the latest on our other local and national news, listen to Time 107.5FM

Tags: , , ,
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Dilse Radio 1035

Think from your Mind, Listen from your Heart

Lyca Radio 1458

Aapka Apna Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Athavan Radio

Athavan Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Lyca Desi News

Aapka Lyca Desi, 24 hour news channel

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2022. All rights reserved.