01708 741075
Advertisement
  • Time 107.5 fm
  • 2 PM - 4 PM

ON AIR NOW

Afternoon Show

With Dean Kayne

Candle causes fire in Gants Hill hotel

The hotel was above faces nightclub (credit:Google street maps)

A fire in a hotel in Gants Hill was caused by a candle, investigators believe.

Fire crews from Ilford, Hainault and Woodford were called to the property above Faces nightclub, in Cranbrook Road just before 9pm on Bank Holiday Monday.

Roughly 30 people were evacuated prior to the four engines and around 25 fire fighters arriving. The blaze damaged part of a room on the second floor of the building.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “The fire is believed to be caused a candle in a shine left unattended.

“Candles are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from curtains and anything else that can easily catch fire.”

The fire was under control by 10pm that evening.

Tags: ,
Want to read more news ? Read More News

Listen to
Time 107.5 FM
also on

iphone android

Other Stations

Lyca Dilse Radio 1035

Think from your Mind, Listen from your Heart

Lyca Radio 1458

Aapka Apna Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Athavan Radio

Athavan Radio, Sunte Raho Sunate Raho

Lyca Desi News

Aapka Lyca Desi, 24 hour news channel

© TIME107.5fm 2015-2019. All rights reserved.